Monday, January 22, 2007

UMG v. Hightower, case in Houston, Texas

We are today initiating coverage of a case in Houston, Texas, UMG v. Hightower.

The lawyer representing the defendant, June Hightower, is J. Goodwille Pierre, an intellectual property lawyer and member of Walker, James, Dhingra & Pierre, in Houston.

Defendant's interrogatory answers*

* Document published online at Internet Law & Regulation

Keywords: digital copyright online download upload peer to peer p2p file sharing filesharing music movies indie label freeculture creative commons pop/rock artists riaa independent mp3 cd favorite songs

2 comments:

AMD FanBoi said...

An ONLINE MEDIA DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. Only the RIAA has, to my knowledge, ever called it that. Is there any way to shoot down such mischaracterization? Refuse to allow it to be called that since literally no one else has ever referred to it this way. Refuse to respond outright when they refer to it this way?

You can't win as long as you keep letting the RIAA set the terms of the debate.

raybeckerman said...

dave said..."Tell us Ray - what do you take for your blood pressure? "

1. For one thing I only do work that my parents, were they alive, wouldn't be ashamed of. So I always sleep well, because I have a clean conscience.

2. I eat healthy food.

3. I run in road races. (Slowly).

4. I associate with good people like "Goodwille" Pierre, the lawyer for Ms. Hightower. If you look him up it'll be obvious to you that he's a man of principle, who isn't always out for a quick buck, but who is truly in this business to try to help people, not hurt people, and not to just pile up dollars. I am proud to be associated with Goodwille and people like him.